As a minimum the Code of Conduct outlined below is followe by all Swire businesses globally.
Legal and Regulatory Compliance
- Suppliers must comply with all applicable laws and regulations wherever they operate.
- Suppliers will have appropriate systems in place to assess, measure and seek to reduce the environment impacts of their operations.
- For Suppliers who does not have the appropriate programs, the Company is responsible for checking and evaluate their products / services to ensure that those products / services are developed in the way not to harm the environment
- No employee should be below the local legal minimum age.
- In addition, no employee should be below 16 years old unless part of a recognized professional apprenticeship programme.
- Suppliers must not use any form of forced, coerced or bonded labour.
Compensation and Working Hours
- All employees will have written contracts that comply with local laws.
- Suppliers shall comply with the local legal minimum wages where applicable and are encouraged to follow local voluntary codes.
- Salary, overtime should be paid according to the law. Working hours are within legal working hour limits.
- Suppliers will have in place communications mechanisms and grievance procedures that allow employees to raise concerns and complaints with management.
Health and Safety
- Suppliers will adopt and communicate health and safety policies and procedures that aim to reduce injury and illness and enhance employee health.
- Employees will receive training with regard to site safety and their own obligations with regard to ensuring the safety of themselves and other employees.
- Employment should be granted based on suitability for a job.
- Suppliers shall not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, national origin, age, marital status, maternal status, sexual orientation, religion or disability.
Suppliers and subcontractors
- Suppliers should be encouraged to have their own supplier code of conduct in place.
- Suppliers and subcontractors should be paid accurately and on time.
Bribery and corruption
- Suppliers will have policies, code of conduct and procedures in place to avoid all forms of bribery, corruption and fraud and ensure they are enforced.
- Suppliers must not give bribe to any of the Company employees in any forms.
Auditing and inspections
- Suppliers shall allow us to access to relevant documents necessary to demonstrate compliance with this code of conduct, and facilities and sites to conduct audits in line with this code of conduct.